Definición de parapente en inglés:
1.1 [count noun] A parachute used for parapenting.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The pair fell off the edge, as they tried to take off in a double-harnessed parapente, a large parachute like a hang-glider.
- He [was going to] jump from the summit with a parapente.
- As she reaches a point where the slope steepens slightly, she is airborne, joining the dozen parapentes and hang gliders that are already visible circling above the town.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
Glide using an aerofoil parachute: he parapented off a high glacier (as noun parapenting) up-to-date sports like parapenting
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Five years later, a solo Japanese climber who tried to parapente from the top of Nameless Tower was blown back into the wall and left stranded without food for six days until another team could descend Great Trango and climb Nameless to fetch him.
- Apparently, Iquique is one of the best places in South America to parapente because of the air currents and wind - and the great views.
- parapenter sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Well look out onto the lakes, see jet-boats whizzing around; look up at the mountains, see parapenters jumping off everywhere, hang-gliders jumping off.
- All around me I can hear whoops and yells from other parapenters.
- A fifteen minute walk takes you to where the parapenters take off.
1980s: from French, from para(chute) + pente 'slope'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda