- (Of a group of organisms) descended from a common evolutionary ancestor or ancestral group, but not including all the descendant groups.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In fact, it is possible that the group is paraphyletic; the last common ancestor of all polymerid trilobites may also have been ancestral to the agnostids as well.
- These taxa together form a paraphyletic group at the base of the clade of biramous arthropods.
- To represent this, we have used multiple lines drawn to paraphyletic groups in the cladogram above.
Más definiciones de paraphyleticDefinición de paraphyletic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.