Infest or exploit (an organism or part) as a parasite: these small worms parasitize the alimentary tract of animals and birds dodder parasitizes other plants for its nutrients and water
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Entamoeba are unicellular eukaryotes that frequently parasitize vertebrate species including human.
- The order Strepsiptera are obligate endoparasitic insects that are known to parasitize seven insect orders, including solitary and social Hymenoptera.
- However, in great spotted cuckoos thick-shelled eggs have not evolved for the same reason because this species parasitizes large birds that do not need to puncture the parasitic egg because they can easily grasp it.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Multicellular organisms continually defend themselves against parasitization by potentially harmful microbes.
- We tested the reproductive compensation hypothesis against the alternative hypothesis that parasitization depresses host resource allocation to reproduction.
- The idea that parasitization can be reduced through song modification has found some support in the finding that female flies show a ‘preference’ for certain song types.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: para¦sit|ize
Definición de parasitize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda