Definición de parchment en inglés:
- To complete his birdman outfit, the monk must have stretched parchment or thin cloth over the frame, which, we are told, he attached to both his arms and his feet.
- She was older, even by elf standards, and had grey hair and skin like old parchment.
- Vellum, traditionally made from calf skin as opposed to parchment which is made from goat or sheep skin, is very expensive.
- The yellow parchments were written in five dominating languages, but these days of war brought few literate people.
- The youngsters settled for the night, far too tired to read parchments or write letters.
- Cluttered with long-forgotten books, parchments, and manuscripts - most many years old - she had just now managed to clear a space.
- Put the heads of garlic, cut side up, on baking sheet with parchment paper and bake until cloves are tender and light golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, and keep it close at hand.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
This comes from Old French parchemin, a blend of late Latin pergamina ‘writing material from Pergamum’ and Parthica pellis ‘Parthian skin’ (a kind of scarlet leather). The use of treated animal skin as a writing material, when papyrus was the usual material ( see paper), was traditionally said to have been invented by King Eumenes II of Pergamum ( r.197–158 bc).
Definición de parchment en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.