Definición de paresis en inglés:
sustantivo (plural pareses /-siːz/)[mass noun] Medicine
1A condition of muscular weakness caused by nerve damage or disease; partial paralysis: examination indicates paresis of the upper left limb [count noun]: some patients had pareses of the arms or legs
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A right facial droop was noted, indicating a central facial nerve paresis.
- In a prospective study of 59 patients undergoing cardiac surgery, the amplitude and area of diaphragmatic evoked potentials were more sensitive than latency in detecting phrenic nerve paresis.
- With peripheral facial nerve paresis, the forehead and eyes may be affected.
1.1 (also general paresis) Inflammation of the brain in the later stages of syphilis, causing progressive dementia and paralysis.
- Parenchymatous syphilis was formerly called general paresis of the insane.
- Despite this, the second crisis occurred in 1916, with a published report on the transmission of syphilis from patients with general paresis into animals.
- The clinical presentation has shifted from general paresis and tabes dorsalis to meningovascular and atypical forms.
- Example sentences
- No significant differences were found between the VT of the paretic and the healthy sides in patients during quiet breathing.
- The ventilatory response to CO2 was similar on the right and left sides in control subjects, whereas it was significantly higher on the paretic side than on the healthy side in patients.
- Nonetheless, how can we explain the observation that in two of the eight patients the VT on the paretic side was either similar or slightly greater than that of the healthy side during VH?
Definición de paresis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia