Definición de parlay en inglés:
verbo[with object] (parlay something into)
Turn an initial stake or winnings from a previous bet into (a greater amount) by gambling: parlaying a small bankroll into big winnings
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Baccarat is a good fit for folks who enjoy the agony and ecstasy of gambling as well as the resplendence of the milieu, and don't come to the casino primarily or exclusively to parlay small stakes into big bucks.
- He wanted somehow to parlay his stake into ownership of the whole paper and have us send him more money in the meantime.
- They are in the position of the horse player who bet two dollars on a long shot, then parlayed his bets and kept winning, race after race, until he bet the entire wad, $10,000, on a 10-1 shot in the last race.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A cumulative series of bets in which winnings accruing from each transaction are used as a stake for a further bet.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The book includes several articles that include discussions of betting the side-total parlay and betting NBA futures.
- On parlays, Bet 365 offers true odds instead of fixed odds, which often contain onerous vig.
- But at least in betting a baseball parlay, the player isn't bucking outrageous odds set by the house.
Late 19th century: from French paroli, from Italian, from paro 'like', from Latin par 'equal'.
Definición de parlay en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda