adjetivo• archaic or • humorous
- Full of danger or uncertainty; precarious: the parlous state of the economy the General’s position was parlousMás ejemplos en oraciones
bad, dire, dreadful, awful, terrible, appalling, frightful, grave, serious, desperate, precarious, uncertain, touch-and-go, difficult, unsafe, perilous, dangerous, risky; pitiful, wretched, sorry, poor, lamentable, woeful, hopelessBritish • informal dodgy, chronic
- We come in day after day, lament the parlous state of the telecoms industry and resolve on a regular basis to get new means of employment.
- The railways emerged in a parlous state, in dire need of a major overhaul.
- That is not a high level of income, but when one considers a number of other issues one finds that it is becoming even more difficult and parlous for people to live on it.
adverbio• archaic Volver al principio
- Greatly or excessively: she is parlous handsomeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Is the state of American political fiction really so parlous perilous?
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In my submission, it is significant, because this document demonstrates that in practical terms this venture was in the same state of parlousness as was the venture considered in Jekos.
late Middle English: contraction of perilous.