- 1Given or expressed orally: the parol evidenceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Alternatively, the court might construe the statements regarding the aeroplane's history as a collateral contract, thereby avoiding the parol evidence rule.
- One argument is that the parties intend to reduce their oral contract to written form, and that consequently the parol evidence rule excludes evidence to show the inconsistency.
- Counsel for CPC objected that these notes offend the parol evidence rule and, thus, are inadmissible.
- 1.1(Of a document) agreed orally, or in writing but not under seal: there was a parol agreementMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The old rule expressed in Elliott v Johnson LR 2 QB 120 was that covenants did not run on the assignment of a parol lease: the principles in Spencer's Case applied only to legal leases made by deed.
- By oral declaration.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A contract required by law to be made in or evidenced by writing can only be varied by writing, although as we have seen, it can be rescinded by parol.
late 15th century (as a noun): from Old French parole 'word' (see parole).
Más definiciones de parolDefinición de parol en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.