- Either of a pair of large salivary glands situated just in front of each ear.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are three pairs of major salivary glands: the parotid glands, situated behind the jaw in front of the ear, and the submandibular and sublingual glands that lie under the jaw and tongue.
- Swollen submandibular glands and parotid glands as well as esophagitis, esophageal spasm, and esophageal tearing and potentially fatal ruptures can occur from constant vomiting.
- Twenty-seven tumors were from parotid glands, 8 from submandibular glands, 5 from the palate, 2 from unspecified major salivary glands, and 1 from the tongue.
Más definiciones de parotid glandDefinición de parotid gland en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.