- The supermarket has also seen more root vegetables such as parsnips, potatoes and carrots being sold.
- A few sweet roots, parsnips, carrots and a stalk of celery will add flavour to the pan juices.
- When it comes to Christmas food I'm completely conventional - turkey, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, bread sauce, stuffing, English mustard and sausages.
- Pastinaca sativa, family Umbelliferae.
- Seeds that barely last to the second year include sweet corn, leek, onion, parsley, parsnip, rhubarb and salsify.
- But there are also edible species of biennial, including carrots, parsley, parsnips and globe artichoke or cardoon.
- The rule of thumb is to plant parsnips when you plant potatoes.
Parsnip is from Old French pasnaie, from Latin pastinaca, which is related to pastinare ‘dig and trench the ground’. The change in the ending was due to association with neep, a Scots and northern English word for ‘turnip’ (Old English, from Latin napus). The form turnip appeared M16th, but the origin of the first syllable is not known.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pars|nip
Definición de parsnip en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.