sustantivo[mass noun] Botany
The development of a fruit without prior fertilization.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This not only provides an effective solution to the ovary abortion, but also provides an experimental system for studying fruit development, in particular, the mechanism of chemical-induced parthenocarpy.
- I turned to the contribution from Koltunow, Vivian-Smith, Tucker and Paech on apomixis and parthenocarpy with a sense of anticipation, this being a former interest with which I had rather lost touch.
- Fertile plants produce >90% viable pollen and produce normal seed-bearing pods with no evidence of parthenocarpy.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The total number of pistils, parthenocarpic and seed containing siliques, and the mean number of seeds per silique were recorded.
- When MdPI expression is removed flowers lack both petals and stamens and parthenocarpic fruits develop.
- Sterile plants produce microspores aborted in tetrads, no visible pollen shed, and parthenocarpic pods bearing no seeds.
Early 20th century: from German Parthenocarpie, from Greek parthenos 'virgin' + karpos 'fruit'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: par¦theno|carpy
Definición de parthenocarpy en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda