- Relating to or in the form of minute separate particles: particulate pollutionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A pond has far more organic particulate matter (small separate particles) than a chemically maintained swimming pool.
- City traffic is a significant source of pollutants such as sulphur dioxide, particulate matter, benzene, and carbon monoxide.
- Zinc oxide is a common, biologically active constituent of particulate air pollution as well as a workplace toxin.
sustantivo(particulates) Volver al principio
- Matter in the form of minute separate particles: sooty particulates from diesel exhaustsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Exposure to carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and particulates, ie both gases and particles, were all well within the current exposure recommendations - even in busy pubs at peak occupancy.
- Indeed, it reduces harmful emissions by 75 per cent with less carbon dioxide than petrol and fewer particulates and nitrogen oxides than diesel.
- But they could not take the carbon monoxide and diesel particulates and wilted.
late 19th century: from Latin particula 'particle' + -ate2.
Más definiciones de particulateDefinición de particulate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.