Definición de partitive en inglés:
Denoting a grammatical construction used to indicate that only a part of a whole is referred to, for example a slice of bacon, a series of accidents, some of the children.
- As a result, you need which in what is called the partitive construction, which makes the set to be picked from explicit: you say Which of these jackets is yours?
- Finnish partitive constructions exhibit a case alternation that is partly semantically, partly syntactically driven.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1A partitive construction.
- Each readily lends itself to use in a partitive: each of the children, where the children limits the reference mass to an identifiable set of children.
- The interest in the partitive and the material we find in Herrick's poems on women's clothing and appurtenances finds a pictorial complement in the oeuvre of Hollar.
- Example sentences
- But they do so independently, partitively, concurrently, and differentially.
Definición de partitive en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan