- An enclosed area in front of a cathedral or church, typically surrounded with colonnades or porticoes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At the north end of the composition, in front of the cathedral is a new parvis which is intended to be a place of congregation and recreation.
- A simple glass wall separates the church from its huge parvis, dematerializing the boundary between interior and exterior.
- The great parvis for open-air worshippers recalls a Classical Greek theatre set in the landscape, with the man-made and natural worlds brought together in a powerful symbiosis.
late Middle English: from Old French, based on late Latin paradisus 'paradise', in the Middle Ages denoting a court in front of St Peter's, Rome.
Más definiciones de parvisDefinición de parvis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.