- A note not belonging to the harmony but interposed to secure a smooth transition.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Even if the basic chords are unchanged, the melody almost inevitably adds passing notes which effectively alter the chords.
- But that B [musical flat] is a passing note, thematically perhaps of more minor importance in the Handel.
- Keefe could in fact have gone further here, showing how the connecting motif in the woodwind reduces the motif from bars 5-6 into two superimposed thirds, each filled in with a passing note.
Más definiciones de passing noteDefinición de passing note en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.