verbo[with object] (usually as adjective passivated)
1Make (a metal or other substance) unreactive by altering the surface layer or coating the surface with a thin inert layer: components are made from passivated and anodized aluminium the process both cleans and passivates stainless steel
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The surface of the chips was passivated by an ONO layer, which allowed multiple reuses of the chip.
- The new technology is based on a water dispersion of the organic metal, which passivates the copper and provides catalytic sites for the chemical deposition of pure tin, which is the final surface.
- We fractured the tips flat with inner diameters of 6-8 m with a microforge (Stoelting, Wood Dale, IL) and then coated the tips with SurfaSil to passivate the surface.
1.1 Electronics Coat (a semiconductor) with inert material to protect it from contamination.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Batteries and other onboard energy sources can be similarly passivated, although this is not quite so simple and adds more cost.
- These transistors replace the traditional doped silicon junctions with passivated metal-silicon interfaces.
- They will passivate the surface of zinc and zinc alloy electrodeposits with a thin film that provides end-user benefits such as color, abrasion resistance and increased corrosion protection.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For the applicator, hexavalent chromium passivations are easy to use and can be bulk applied often by a single-stage immersion and are inexpensive to make-up and operate.
- According to one report, General Motors will prohibit the use of hexavalent chromium passivations on its products beginning in 2002.
- Totally non-chromium passivations have been under development for some time, and there exists a number of alternatives.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pas¦siv|ate
Definición de passivate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda