Definición de passivate en inglés:
verbo[with object] (usually as adjective passivated)
1Make (a metal or other substance) unreactive by altering the surface layer or coating the surface with a thin inert layer: components are made from passivated and anodized aluminium the process both cleans and passivates stainless steel
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The surface of the chips was passivated by an ONO layer, which allowed multiple reuses of the chip.
- The new technology is based on a water dispersion of the organic metal, which passivates the copper and provides catalytic sites for the chemical deposition of pure tin, which is the final surface.
- We fractured the tips flat with inner diameters of 6-8 m with a microforge (Stoelting, Wood Dale, IL) and then coated the tips with SurfaSil to passivate the surface.
1.1 Electronics Coat (a semiconductor) with inert material to protect it from contamination.
- Batteries and other onboard energy sources can be similarly passivated, although this is not quite so simple and adds more cost.
- These transistors replace the traditional doped silicon junctions with passivated metal-silicon interfaces.
- They will passivate the surface of zinc and zinc alloy electrodeposits with a thin film that provides end-user benefits such as color, abrasion resistance and increased corrosion protection.
- Example sentences
- For the applicator, hexavalent chromium passivations are easy to use and can be bulk applied often by a single-stage immersion and are inexpensive to make-up and operate.
- According to one report, General Motors will prohibit the use of hexavalent chromium passivations on its products beginning in 2002.
- Totally non-chromium passivations have been under development for some time, and there exists a number of alternatives.
Definición de passivate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary