- 1chiefly British A small sweet or lozenge: fruit pastilles a packet of throat pastillesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Following recent takeovers, it has now extended its range to include wine gums, fruit pastilles, jelly beans and traditional boiled sweets, toffees and fudge.
- Nearly eight years after Victory in Europe, the limit on jelly babies, pastilles, liquorice, barley sugar sticks, lemonade powder and chocolate bars was finally lifted - and a nation of schoolchildren cheered.
- For this reason, sucking any pastille, lozenge or boiled sweet can help to relieve a sore throat.
- 2A small pellet of aromatic paste burnt as a perfume or deodorizer: a perforated bowl used for burning sweet-smelling pastillesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the central area, themed for Lâncome brand, staff and customers float on glass flooring, raised above real water flowing across a mosaic of glass pastilles.
- You select a container (ceramic, glass, vases, and cookie cutters, whatever), then add wax pastilles (the rice-looking things), wicks, scent Bingo!
mid 17th century: from French, from Latin pastillus 'little loaf, lozenge', from panis 'loaf'.