sustantivo[usually treated as singular]
- The branch of philosophy that deals with an imaginary realm additional to metaphysics.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There were talks on physics, metaphysics, and pataphysics; readings of Jarry, Shakespeare, Beckett, Strindberg, Queneau, and Schwitters; performances of modern music and scientific film.
- Those who feel that obvious displays of intellectual prowess involving references to archaeology, pataphysics and other arcana have no place on a rock record may have trouble with this sort of thing.
- So, the only respectable branch of physics in which the Bogdanov's operate appears to be, umm… pataphysics.
1940s: from Greek ta epi ta metaphusika, literally 'the (works) imposed on the Metaphysics'. The concept was introduced by Alfred Jarry (1873–1907), French writer of the Absurd.
Más definiciones de pataphysicsDefinición de pataphysics en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.