sustantivo (plural paterae /-riː/)
- 1A broad, shallow dish used in ancient Rome for pouring libations.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Originally, he may have been pouring a libation from a patera, as is common in similar sacrifice scenes belonging to this iconographic topos.
- The Bath patera can be seen in the Roman Baths Museum, and the Amiens patera in the Musée de Picardie-Amiens.
- Other antiques included an enamelled patera that might have been anywhere between 100 and 150 years old when deposited, and glass vessels that had also seen long use.
Latin, from patere 'be or lie open'.
Más definiciones de pateraDefinición de patera en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.