sustantivo (plural paths /pɑːðz/)
- 1A way or track laid down for walking or made by continual treading: the path continues alongside the river for half a mileMás ejemplos en oraciones
footpath, pathway, footway, pavement, track, jogging track, trail, trackway, bridleway, bridle path, ride, riding, towpath, walk, walkway, promenade, esplanade, avenue, lane, alley, alleyway, passage, passageway, byway, sidetrack, berm, causeway, right of way; cycle path, cycle track, cycleway; North American sidewalk, bikeway; West Indian & US trace; French pavé
- Up green hills and down dirt paths, he walks alongside flag-draped coffins to support grieving families, to comfort, and to mourn.
- They continued walking down the path until they came to a clearing.
- They continued walking, the path getting darker and darker, until it split into two roads.
- 1.1The course or direction in which a person or thing is moving: the missile traced a fiery path in the skyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And they are hoping to see hundreds of people who are either unemployed or fed up and looking for a change of direction in their career path.
- The Conference Board survey suggests that strategic business management does not loom large in the career paths of security directors.
- There are certainly more direct paths one can take to a career in theatre, but an unconventional one can produce unique artistic fruit.
- 1.2A course of action or way of achieving a specified result: a chosen career path a vegetarian diet could be the path to a longer lifeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Army Intelligence is already moving out on the path to achieve this.
- Having gone through different phases of an economic experiment, all three models are finally moving toward the path of a free economy.
- This will steadily move the company on the path to achieving its vision of becoming the first choice general insurer for India.
- 1.3A schedule available for allocation to an individual railway train over a given route.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Meanwhile, we are talking to Network Rail about train paths to Leeds.
- They want enough train paths allocated to service the huge volume of freight traffic which uses the WCM.
- Fifteen potential north-south rail paths were studied before selection of a preferred route east of Quihi that crosses seven roads and six waterways.
- 1.4 Computing A definition of the order in which an operating system or program searches for a file or executable program.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Highlight the complete path and file name using your mouse.
- You can configure extra paths to search for pixmaps and icons.
- You still see the error messages on the screen but not the path of the file you're looking for.
verbo[no object] (usually as noun pathing) Volver al principio
the path of least resistance
- see resistance.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Without system the field of nature would be a pathless wilderness,’ he proclaimed.
- The first evening starts with a strenuous, pathless climb.
- The going is slow, across the rough, mostly pathless ground, though animal tracks will aid progress.
Old English pæth, of West Germanic origin; related to Dutch pad, German Pfad, of unknown ultimate origin.