Definición de patience en inglés:
- In my experience foreigners have no patience with this sort of thinking.
- I made a third phone call a few days later, but their patience with me was obviously running out.
- He is a decent hitter, has great patience at the plate and is defensively solid.
- lose patience (or lose one's patience)
- Become unable to keep one’s temper: even Laurence finally lost patience with himMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Gareth was slowly losing his patience and temper as he tried to get them to block each other's blows.
- Rhea was close to losing her patience and her temper.
- Just keep a cool head and don't lose your patience or your temper.
Hospital patients have to have patience, and they sometimes suffer, so it is not surprising that the Latin word pati ‘to suffer’ is the root of both patience and patient (Middle English). People have maintained that patience is a virtue since the 14th century, though a Latin equivalent is recorded much earlier. As a card game patience dates from the early 19th century—the earlier name, still used in the USA, is solitaire ( see sole).
Palabras que riman con patienceimpatience
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.