Definición de patience en inglés:
1The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious: you can find bargains if you have the patience to sift through the rubbish I have run out of patience with her
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In my experience foreigners have no patience with this sort of thinking.
- I made a third phone call a few days later, but their patience with me was obviously running out.
- He is a decent hitter, has great patience at the plate and is defensively solid.
forbearance, tolerance, restraint, self-restraint, resignation, stoicism, fortitude, sufferance, endurance;
calmness, composure, even temper, even-temperedness, equanimity, equilibrium, serenity, tranquillity, imperturbability, unexcitability, understanding, indulgence, lenience, kindness, consideration
rare longanimity, inexcitability
perseverance, persistence, endurance, tenacity, diligence, assiduity, application, staying power, indefatigability, doggedness, determination, resolve, resolution, resoluteness, obstinacy, insistence, singleness of purpose, purposefulness, pertinacity
lose patience (or lose one's patience)
- Become unable to keep one’s temper: even Laurence finally lost patience with himMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Gareth was slowly losing his patience and temper as he tried to get them to block each other's blows.
- Rhea was close to losing her patience and her temper.
- Just keep a cool head and don't lose your patience or your temper.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia