- Able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious: be patient, your time will come a patient and painstaking approachMás ejemplos en oraciones
forbearing, uncomplaining, tolerant, long-suffering, resigned, stoical; calm, composed, serene, even-tempered, tranquil, imperturbable, unexcitable, accommodating, understanding, indulgent, kind, consideratepersevering, persistent, tenacious, diligent, assiduous, indefatigable, dogged, determined, resolved, resolute, obstinate, insistent, single-minded, purposeful, pertinacious
- The people of Gloucester must have been affected by the patient suffering of their pastor.
- The Foss Basin is always a safe bet at this time of year and pike anglers have been reaping the rewards of a patient approach.
- This time, they are taking a more patient approach.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1A person receiving or registered to receive medical treatment: many patients in the hospital were more ill than she wasMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This could also open the way for hospitals to start charging patients for treatment.
- Hospital chiefs insist no patient suffered worse treatment because of the scandal.
- It could see patients being banned from treatment for up to a year in severe cases.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I'm at my local grocery store waiting patiently in the checkout aisle and there it is.
- In the first instance, a child is patiently attempting to trace letters in a book.
- They sat still, waiting patiently for the shaman to call upon his powers to change his form.
Middle English: from Old French, from Latin patient- 'suffering', from the verb pati.