Definición de patina en inglés:
- Most of the scratchy lines and squiggles visible here are the green patina of oxidized bronze, not a part of the original coin as cast.
- Four of the heads wear masks of applied gold-leaf, and it gleams strangely over the green patina of the ancient bronze.
- A bright copper skin will gradually oxidize to a green patina that will blend into surrounding nature.
- Its beauty increases with use which causes a patina or soft sheen to form.
- It has a gorgeous marble chequerboard floor, varnished walls which ape the patina of age, weathered-looking mirrors, soft but stylish chrome lighting, candles, flowers and retro jazz playing in the background.
- Unlike leather goods and fine wood that develop a desirable patina and texture with age, the effect is less than appealing when it's staring back at you from the mirror.
- ‘The whole idea of having glitzy costumes with a patina of the old Las Vegas showgirl style really interested me,’ he says.
- The stone house, which has the patina of a much older place, like a Roman ruin, opens into a courtyard where students paint.
- The shape of things as you change your viewing angle now carries the patina of meaning.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Instead, lightness is expressed through a single planar skin of patinated brass that is apparently cut and folded to form walls, roof, columns and benches.
- Indeed, I observed the coin to be heavily patinated.
- Chemically patinated copper siding glints in the setting sun.
pan from Old English:
The word pan in the sense of something you cook with is a common West Germanic word, which may have been an early borrowing from Latin patina ‘dish’. The same Latin word is the source, via Italian, of patina (early 18th century), perhaps because of the green film that appears on old copper dishes. The verb to pan out (mid 19th century) comes from the use of a shallow pan to get gold from river sand. See also panic, panorama
Palabras que riman con patinaretina • Pristina
Definición de patina en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.