Definición de patrilocal en inglés:
Relating to a pattern of marriage in which the couple settles in the husband’s home or community: the residence pattern is patrilocal Also called virilocal.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is suggestive of a patrilocal, exogamous marriage pattern consistent with documented historic Algonquian practices in the region.
- The domestic unit is generally an extended three-generation nuclear family; residence is usually patrilocal, with the husband's family.
- Rural communities were exogamous, patrilocal, and patriarchal, with newly married women subservient in the families of their husbands until they had borne sons.
- patrilocality sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Interestingly, a high level of polygyny and extreme patrilocality have been proposed as probable causes of the low Y-chromosome and high mtDNA diversity observed in West New Guinea populations.
- Patrilineality and patrilocality are more important among the western Enga, whereas multilocality is the norm for the Ipili.
- That idea was based on a common marriage practice called patrilocality, wherein women tended to move from their natal village to their husbands' village.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda