- A long, thin slice of fish or meat, rolled and stuffed with a filling: paupiette of trout served in a hollowed blood orange [count noun]: paupiettes of soleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In this connection it is interesting that, although the standard French word for these rolls is paupiettes, there is an alternative name, alouettes sans tête, literally ‘larks without heads’.
- The next course was a paupiette of N.Z. lemon sole with smoked salmon and potato crust in a saffron-dill sauce.
- As the captains of industry, top professionals and politicians tucked into the fine roast beef or paupiette of sole, the IFI workers headed home.
French, probably from Italian polpetta, from Latin pulpa 'pulp'.
Más definiciones de paupietteDefinición de paupiette en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.