Definición de payload en inglés:
1The part of a vehicle’s load, especially an aircraft’s, from which revenue is derived; passengers and cargo.
- The airplane will usually be carrying a payload (passengers, cargo, weapons) and often a full load of fuel.
- The airline wanted an aircraft with excellent payload to achieve a good passenger-seat-per-mile cost even though it would be a more expensive aircraft to initially purchase.
- A long, slender fuselage was necessary to contain most of the fuel as well as the landing gear and payloads.
1.1Equipment, personnel, or satellites carried by a spacecraft.
- The satellite will carry a payload that will transmit a Galileo experimental signal.
- I've restricted it to spacecraft carrying useful payloads that actually flew.
- It operates microgravity science payloads for ground and spaceflight research.
1.2An explosive warhead carried by an aircraft or missile.
- It will carry a warhead payload of 404 dual-purpose improved conventional munition bomblets.
- Moreover, it is studying new kinds of warheads and payloads for the missiles, as well as new missiles.
- It will have a 30-minute loiter time at 70 kilometers capability using a micro turbojet engine and a warhead payload.
2 Computing The actual information or message in transmitted data, as opposed to automatically generated metadata.
- Each input or output port sustains a yielded data payload of 1.4GB/sec.
- When the router gets the frame, it pulls the IP packet out of the frame and drops it into the payload field of anther frame to send across the WAN.
- SNAP uses separate input and output ports with each port currently sustaining a data payload bandwidth of 1.4GB/sec.
2.1The effects of a virus on a computer system.
- "The next big worm we have will have a more devastating payload," he predicts.
- Media reports and announcements from various anti-virus vendors have warned that the W32/Klez-E worm will initiate a destructive payload today, 6 March.
- It does not have a malicious payload, meaning it does not destroy or alter information within a computer.
Definición de payload en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary