A minute soft-bodied crab that lives inside the shell of a bivalve mollusc, where it filters food particles from the water drawn into the shell by its host.
- Family Pinnotheridae: Pinnotheres and other genera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They described the occurrence of a pinnotherid crab, Pinnixa faba, the so-called pea crab, in association with its pelecypod host, Tresus capax.
- Thus, while the crabs cause no immediately life-threatening damage, the female pea crab - unable to survive outside its host once it becomes established - is by all other measures a true parasite.
- Pinnotheres ostreum, and P. pisum, pea crab, are remarkably small crabs which live out their lives inside the shells of oysters or mussels.
Definición de pea crab en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.