Definición de pea crab en inglés:
A minute soft-bodied crab that lives inside the shell of a bivalve mollusc, where it filters food particles from the water drawn into the shell by its host.
- Family Pinnotheridae: Pinnotheres and other genera
- They described the occurrence of a pinnotherid crab, Pinnixa faba, the so-called pea crab, in association with its pelecypod host, Tresus capax.
- Thus, while the crabs cause no immediately life-threatening damage, the female pea crab - unable to survive outside its host once it becomes established - is by all other measures a true parasite.
- Pinnotheres ostreum, and P. pisum, pea crab, are remarkably small crabs which live out their lives inside the shells of oysters or mussels.
Definición de pea crab en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan