- An elongated freshwater bivalve mollusc which occasionally produces small pearls, found in large rivers of the northern hemisphere.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Margaritifera margaritifera, family Margaritiferidae
- His PhD thesis looked at the ecology and conservation of the freshwater pearl mussel in Donegal.
- The project won the national award for its work in improving the River Licky and helping to preserve a rare fresh water mussel, commonly known as the pearl mussel, which lives in the river.
- The River Lickey is a very significant habitat for the shellfish commonly known as the pearl mussel because of the worthless pearls it produces.
Más definiciones de pearl musselDefinición de pearl mussel en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.