Excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous: his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I had the same middle parted haircut for eight years, and I was quite pedantic about this being perfect.
- For years, pedantic scholars have crowed about the debt rock owes the blues.
- Well you could say it's a deal of nitpicking by pedantic scientists over detail.
overscrupulous, scrupulous, precise, exact, over-exacting, perfectionist, precisionist, punctilious, meticulous, fussy, fastidious, finical, finicky;
dogmatic, purist, literalist, literalistic, formalist, scholastic;
casuistic, casuistical, sophistic, sophistical;
captious, hair-splitting, quibbling, pettifogging, fault-finding, hypercritical, cavilling, carping
informal nitpicking, pernickety
learned, cerebral, didactic, bookish, pedagogic, donnish, highbrow, ivory-tower, pretentious, pompous;
intellectual, academic, scholastic, scholarly, literary
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Kerry makes this last ridiculous point pedantically, as if it's at the very core of what really matters.
- So I'm watching the movie with the careful eye of one who knows the book and will be judging it pedantically.
- ‘Let me explain,’ continued Brian, almost pedantically.
Palabras que riman con pedanticantic, Atlantic, corybantic, frantic, geomantic, gigantic, mantic, necromantic, romantic, semantic, sycophantic, transatlantic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda