Excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous: his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I had the same middle parted haircut for eight years, and I was quite pedantic about this being perfect.
- For years, pedantic scholars have crowed about the debt rock owes the blues.
- Well you could say it's a deal of nitpicking by pedantic scientists over detail.
overscrupulous, scrupulous, precise, exact, over-exacting, perfectionist, precisionist, punctilious, meticulous, fussy, fastidious, finical, finicky; dogmatic, purist, literalist, literalistic, formalist, scholastic; casuistic, casuistical, sophistic, sophistical; captious, hair-splitting, quibbling, pettifogging, fault-finding, hypercritical, cavilling, carping
informal nitpicking, pernickety
archaic overnicelearned, cerebral, didactic, bookish, pedagogic, donnish, highbrow, ivory-tower, pretentious, pompous; intellectual, academic, scholastic, scholarly, literary
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Kerry makes this last ridiculous point pedantically, as if it's at the very core of what really matters.
- So I'm watching the movie with the careful eye of one who knows the book and will be judging it pedantically.
- ‘Let me explain,’ continued Brian, almost pedantically.