Excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous: his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I had the same middle parted haircut for eight years, and I was quite pedantic about this being perfect.
- For years, pedantic scholars have crowed about the debt rock owes the blues.
- Well you could say it's a deal of nitpicking by pedantic scientists over detail.
overscrupulous, scrupulous, precise, exact, over-exacting, perfectionist, precisionist, punctilious, meticulous, fussy, fastidious, finical, finicky;
dogmatic, purist, literalist, literalistic, formalist, scholastic;
casuistic, casuistical, sophistic, sophistical;
captious, hair-splitting, quibbling, pettifogging, fault-finding, hypercritical, cavilling, carping
informal nitpicking, pernickety
learned, cerebral, didactic, bookish, pedagogic, donnish, highbrow, ivory-tower, pretentious, pompous;
intellectual, academic, scholastic, scholarly, literary
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Kerry makes this last ridiculous point pedantically, as if it's at the very core of what really matters.
- So I'm watching the movie with the careful eye of one who knows the book and will be judging it pedantically.
- ‘Let me explain,’ continued Brian, almost pedantically.
Palabras que riman con pedanticantic, Atlantic, corybantic, frantic, geomantic, gigantic, mantic, necromantic, romantic, semantic, sycophantic, transatlantic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pe¦dan|tic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda