Definición de pedicel en inglés:
1A small stalk bearing an individual flower in an inflorescence. Compare with peduncle.
- An umbel is an inflorescence in which a number of flower stalks or pedicels, nearly equal in length, spread from a common center.
- Counts were made of all buds, flowers, pedicels where flowers or fruits had aborted, and fruits.
- The pedicel of the highest open flower on each inflorescence was tagged daily with a piece of dated tape for the duration of the experiment.
1.1 Anatomy & Zoology another term for pedicle.
- A few posterior dorsals have a pair of depressions ventral to the pedicel on the edge of the intervertebral face.
- A longitudinal crest on the medial face of each pedicel of the neural arch gives the neural canal an eight-shaped cross section in its central part.
- Near the base of the pedicel, the transverse process projects lateroventrally.
late 17th century: from modern Latin pedicellus 'small foot', diminutive of pes, ped- 'foot'.
- Example sentences
- The only pedicellate flowered species in the state, T. pusillum var. texanum, is part of the T. pusillum complex, which occurs in a series of widely disjunct populations throughout much of the southeastern United States.
- Ear cross sections: In maize, the spikelets are arranged in pairs, one pedicellate and one sessile.
- Amphiumas also lack external gills (while retaining one of three pairs of larval gill slits), and their teeth are pedicellate.
Definición de pedicel en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan