- 1A narrow border of cloth or wood, fitted across the top of a door or window to conceal the curtain fittings.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chinoiserie chandeliers and pelmets, fretwork cornices, and ‘India’ wallpaper further ornamented the room, creating a splendid and exotic gardenlike setting.
- I've already binned the flamboyant curtain pelmets from two rooms and can't wait to get my hands on the oversized brown smoke-glass lamp shade with twiddly gold bits.
- An archway leads through to the kitchen/dining room which has concealed pelmet lighting, white units at ground level, solid timber worktops and a stainless steel splashback.
- 1.1British • informal A very short skirt.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We are not trying to appeal to a 20-year-old, and I don't know a woman over 30 who wears a see-through blouse and pelmet skirt.
- Don't succumb to strange unsightly trends because some over-hyped it-girl is wearing a pelmet skirt.
- They are getting shorter and shorter these days, almost like pelmets.
early 20th century: probably an alteration of French palmette, literally 'small palm' (see palmette).
Más definiciones de pelmetDefinición de pelmet en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.