sustantivo (plural peloruses)
- A sighting device on a ship for taking the relative bearings of a distant object.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the navigator's equivalent of adventurer with a pelorus, she has endeared herself to the ship's company with her prowess on the bridge and her stamina ashore.
- Their preparation and composure was further tested when pelorus repeats, gyros, GPS and even their sight were removed from their repertoire of navigational aids.
- Conventional peloruses are used to determine a bearing of an object with the knowledge of the vessel's heading.
mid 19th century: perhaps from Pelorus, said to be the name of Hannibal's pilot.
Más definiciones de pelorusDefinición de pelorus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.