A large wedge-shaped bivalve mollusc of warm seas which burrows into the seabed where it attaches itself by strong byssus threads.
- Family Pinnidae: Pinna and other genera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Included are pen shells, pearl oysters and a young Tridacna.
- Modern pinnoideans, or ‘pen shells,’ are shallowly to deeply endobyssate, equivalved, edentulous, ham-shaped bivalves with a single, slightly submerged, opisthodetic ligament.
- Perfect for photography, the cave walls and rocky floor are filled with marine life, including pen shells and seahorses.
Definición de pen shell en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.