Definición de peninsula en inglés:
A piece of land almost surrounded by water or projecting out into a body of water.
- The island's 3,700 acres of tropical rainforest are a biological reserve that also includes five surrounding peninsulas on the Panama mainland.
- In mid-winter, the warm water around the Southwest peninsula seems to give them most lightning.
- Just before we descend to the car park, I look out at the bay and a long peninsula of land pointing towards the East.
mid 16th century: from Latin paeninsula, from paene 'almost' + insula 'island'.
- Example sentences
- The climate ranges from tropical and sub-tropical in Indo-Gengetic plains and peninsular regions to temperate and arctic in the Himalayan region.
- In contrast, maintaining an Asian balance of power requires performing the simpler task of keeping offshore and peninsular Asia outside a continental hegemon's grasp.
- These data are interpreted to indicate a range of habitats from full freshwater, presumably peninsular rivers and springs, to full marine waters.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan