sustantivo[mass noun] chiefly North American
- 1Poker played for very small stakes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- More importantly, it sets the stage for a debt spiral that makes runaway credit card balances look like penny ante poker.
- He delighted in working alongside ordinary employees and playing penny ante poker with them during breaks.
- The pleasure of these sorts of articles comes not from laughing at the subjects' penny ante aspirations, or wincing at their foibles, but in the very real connection between them and the journalist.
- 1.1 [as modifier] • informal Petty; contemptible: a penny-ante scandal of little substanceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- What it has evolved into is that people are doing alternative sentencing for every little penny-ante deal that comes down the pike, and a lot of that is legislatively mandated.
- Besides, we're not interested in penny-ante crimes like that.
- Law enforcement money is largely spent on violent crimes and high-dollar white-collar fraud, not the penny-ante stuff that tends to only disrupt, not destroy, the lives of citizens.
Más definiciones de penny anteDefinición de penny ante en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.