Definición de pentadactyl en inglés:
(Of a vertebrate limb) having five toes or fingers, or derived from such a form, as characteristic of all tetrapods.
- No single mutation can produce a pentadactyl limb of vertebrate type on a Drosophila.
- These morphological facts show that the pentadactyl limb arose after the fin-limb transition and is the product of the canalization of the phenotype of the archaic limbs.
- Others include pentadactyl feet and presence of a clavicle.
- Example sentences
- He pointed out, for example, that the developmental genetic explanation of the prevalence of pentadactyly assumes tetrapod monophyly.
- This was a very surprising discovery because pentadactyly had been assumed to be the normal condition in ‘early’ tetrapods.
Definición de pentadactyl en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan