sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A substance which is secreted by the stomach wall and converted into the enzyme pepsin by gastric acid: serum pepsinogen [count noun]: high concentrations of pepsinogensMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the stomach, pepsinogen is secreted, and activated into pepsin by the acid that is secreted at the same site.
- Examples of important proenzymes include pepsinogen, trypsinogen and chymotrypsinogen, which give rise to the proteolytic digestive enzymes.
- Ginger is an excellent natural antacid because it prevents the breakdown of pepsinogen to pepsin: the latter irritates tissue to cause peptic ulcers.
Más definiciones de pepsinogenDefinición de pepsinogen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.