Definición de peptone en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
1A soluble protein formed in the early stage of protein breakdown during digestion.
- Supplementation of cultures with the rich nutrient peptone has been previously shown to suppress submerged culture conidiation.
- Yeast extract / peptone / dextrose, synthetic selective media, and minimal media were prepared as described.
- They are professional colleagues, too, and have published a paper together about immunity from the anticoagulant action of peptone.
1.1 (also peptone water) A solution of peptone in saline, used as a liquid medium for growing bacteria.
- Briefly, S. Typhimurium was grown on nutrient agar and passed into peptone water before subculturing on Congo red agar.
- I will need some lactose broth and the modified peptone water so I can test for all possibilities.
- Bactosoytone, the medium that is used to cultivate bacteria in the process of making monosodium glutamate, is one of the peptones.
Definición de peptone en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan