• archaic or • humorous
- Perhaps: peradventure I’m not as wealthy as he isMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The story begins with Balak, king of the Moabites, entreating Balaam to ‘curse me this people for he is too mighty for me: peradventure I shall prevail, that we may smite him, and that I may drive him out of the land ’.
- And Balak said unto Balaam, Come, I pray thee, I will bring thee unto another place; peradventure it will please God that thou mayest curse me them from thence.
- And Ahab said unto Obadiah, Go into the land, unto all fountains of water, and unto all brooks: peradventure we may find grass to save the Horses and Mules alive, that we lose not all the beasts.
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
- Uncertainty or doubt as to whether something is the case: that shows beyond peradventure the strength of the economyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Unfortunately in my view there is no universal test which will be applicable to all circumstances which will indicate clearly and beyond peradventure as to when judicial review is or is not available.
- Wherever it goes, we know, beyond peradventure, that more will be needed by the time it is built.
- I have come to congratulate you that there has been a force behind you that will beyond any peradventure be triumphant and for which you can afford a little while to wait.
Middle English: from Old French per (or par) auenture 'by chance'.
Más definiciones de peradventureDefinición de peradventure en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.