Definición de perambulate en inglés:
verbo[no object] formal or humorous
1Walk or travel through or round a place: the locals perambulate up and down the thoroughfare [with object]: she perambulated the square
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Over the weekend I had a chance to perambulate properly in cyberspace.
- The added handicap is that runners have to dodge the horse dung as they perambulate down the track.
- Unspoken but understood was that we wanted a community small enough to perambulate but that also had DSL.
late Middle English: from Latin perambulat- 'walked about', from the verb perambulare, from per- 'all over' + ambulare 'to walk'.
- Example sentences
- At night, no one is allowed to walk around the camp without a guide, in case they bump into one of the enormous hippos that stroll past the chalets during their nocturnal perambulations from river to bush.
- Yet despite being saddle-sore (I refused to use a specially inflatable seat cover printed with Dennis the Menace's face) and walking like John Wayne, I actually started to enjoy my regular daily perambulations.
- In his perambulations around the city he comes across as a sort of explorer and courier between one block of cultural information and the next.
- Example sentences
- He completely ruined the naturalness of candid cinematography by goofily looking into the lens as it filmed each shuffling step of his perambulatory progress.
- The setting was an austere series of steel framed towers and perambulatory inserts, which appeared whenever the plot reared its ugly head, but otherwise left the stage clear for the dancing.
- He hadn't the same depth of body either; while the lab coat made it difficult to discern his exact form, he at least didn't appear to be a perambulatory egg.
Definición de perambulate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan