Definición de peregrinate en inglés:
verbo[no object, with adverbial] archaic or , humorous
- It peregrinates around the limbs of trees.
- The latter part of the performance elucidated the duo's versatility and interpretation ability to its fullest extent, as the duo peregrinated throughout classical Latin American tradition.
- The problem - or at least the difference - is simply that it was based not only on the author's experience but on the soap-operatic adventures of her boozing, man-loving, peregrinating mother.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- With the fast-food fad having gained considerable ground, among the local people and peregrinators for some time now, there has been a healthy competition between bondas and bhajis on one side and hot-dogs and hamburgers on the other.
- Famous representatives of this genre, such as Herodotus and Marco Polo, as well as a host of minor peregrinators, never actually encountered the phenomenon in question.
- Yiddish is like a wanderer, a peregrinator who goes from inn to inn on a long road, and at each end he has a little drink, - I mean language - and he assimilated drink into his own mind and into his own heart, and he becomes enriched.
Late 16th century (earlier ( Middle English) as peregrination): from Latin peregrinat- 'travelled abroad', from the verb peregrinari, from peregrinus 'foreign, travelling'.
pilgrim from Middle English:
This is one of the earliest words that came into English from French, just after the Norman Conquest in 1066. It goes back to Latin peregrinus, ‘foreign, alien’, the source of peregrinate ‘to wander from place to place’, and of peregrine. The peregrine falcon was called the ‘pilgrim falcon’ because falconers caught individuals fully grown on migration rather than taking them from the nest. The Pilgrim Fathers were the English Puritans who sailed across the Atlantic in the Mayflower and founded the colony of Plymouth, Massachusetts, in 1620.
Palabras que riman con peregrinatemarinate • indoctrinate
Definición de peregrinate en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.