- 1Lasting or existing for a long or apparently infinite time; enduring or continually recurring: his perennial distrust of the media perennial manifestations of urban crisisMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Over the years, various stage productions have added their own theatrical styles to the show, ensuring it remains a perennial favourite of theatre-goers around the world.
- A perennial favourite among modern readers are the bestsellers on subjects such as cookery, home improvement, self-help and personality development.
- On Tuesday night, they grappled with a perennial favourite - whether to put the community's interest above their own.
- 1.1 [attributive] Apparently permanently engaged in a specified role or way of life: he’s a perennial studentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Few scholars of our time have so exemplified the permanent student and perennial teacher.
- Their coach was cautious about his team's chances of finally ending its role as perennial second to Munich.
- He puts up big numbers, fits perfectly within a team concept, and plays a central role on a perennial powerhouse.
- 2(Of a plant) living for several years: cow parsley is perennial Compare with annual, biennial.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If you plant perennial herbs in the vegetable garden, set them off so they'll be easy to avoid during spring and fall tilling.
- Fertilizers formulated for perennial flowers are usually fine.
- They are also used quite effectively when planted in close groups among perennial shrubs.
- 3(Of a stream or spring) flowing throughout the year: spring streams rise from perennial springsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Northern Province is undoubtedly one of the most blessed parts of Zambia with abundant perennial streams that run throughout the year.
- Among Anza-Borrego's wetlands is Coyote Creek, a perennial stream in the northwest corner of the park.
- The once stable, slow - moving, marshy perennial river transformed into an unstable, flood-prone, intermittent stream.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A perennial plant: perennials will transform the garden in summer See alsoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The following is a list of suggested annuals, perennials and foliage plants.
- Garden irises are hardy, long-lived perennials that need a minimum of care.
- Lift and divide any herbaceous perennials that have grown too big or that have died out in the centre.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What comes across most powerfully in this sumptuous work is the wonder, variety and sheer barminess of mankind's perennially fruitless quest for a truly ideal home.
- He is scruffy, self-effacing and funny and conjures up all of these attributes in his perennially popular excursions to far-flung corners of the globe.
- These roads are perennially in a state of disrepair.
mid 17th century (in the sense 'remaining leafy throughout the year, evergreen'): from Latin perennis 'lasting the year through' + -ial.