sustantivo (plural perenties)
- A large brown and yellow monitor lizard which lives in arid regions of Australia.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Varanus giganteus, family Varanidae
- One of us once came upon the track of a large monitor known as a perentie (V. giganteus) that had intercepted his own.
- The perentie is the name that was given to what is Australia's largest lizard.
- Goannas range in size from the 18 cm short tailed midget to the inland giant, the perentie that can reach up to 2.4 m long.
early 20th century: probably from Diyara pirindi.