- 1The state or quality of being perfect: the satiny perfection of her skin his pursuit of golfing perfectionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He hated mediocrity and always strived for perfection and excellence.
- Certainly, it is undemonstrative in its perfection; but that very perfection is a quality we should treasure.
- Is it the pursuit of perfection, a realisation of pragmatism, the search for the divine or perhaps baser instincts which drive us into wanting someone?
- 1.1A person or thing considered to be perfect: I am told that she is perfection itselfMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A home that has both period style and modern comforts - is it perfection?
- The fruit and the sauce were nice, but the cheesecake was perfection.
- For me, mouse perfection would be cordless, with a comfortably ergonomic grip.
- In a way that could not be better; perfectly: a blue suit that showed off her blonde hair to perfectionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The portions are massive, and the emphasis is on traditional dishes cooked to perfection.
- As usual, her blonde tresses were styled to perfection and not a hair was sticking out.
- The sardines, cooked to perfection in olive oil and lemon, were melt-in-the-mouth mesmeric.
Middle English (in the sense 'completeness'): via Old French from Latin perfectio(n-), from perficere 'to complete' (see perfect).