- 1In a manner or way that could not be better: the ring fitted perfectly [as submodifier]: perfectly clean glass bottlesMás ejemplos en oraciones
superbly, superlatively, excellently, flawlessly, faultlessly, to perfection, without fault, ideally, wonderfully, marvellously, magnificently, sublimely, admirably, inimitably, incomparably, impeccably, immaculately, exquisitely, consummately; North American to a fare-thee-wellabsolutely, utterly, completely, altogether, entirely, wholly, totally, thoroughly, fully, quite, in every respect
- She picked up and started scrubbing what appeared to be an already perfectly clean glass bowl.
- You fall in love and the guy is wonderful and everything works perfectly first time.
- The reality is far from that and I wondered why because to us it seems perfectly normal.
- 1.1 [as submodifier] Used for emphasis, especially in order to assert something that has been challenged or doubted: you know perfectly well I can’t stayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I would like to make it perfectly clear right now that I did not vote for these guys.
- What is perfectly clear is that the entire venture has been daring from the outset.
- It is perfectly clear that at no time did the claimant hold any such appointment as a member of any such body.