verbo[with object] (often as adjective perforated)
- Its buildings are wooden huts perforated by bullet holes.
- Frozen in place, he noted how the red costume was perforated with holes of varying sizes, and that the flesh beneath was a sickly gray.
- Typically, the instrument has seven finger holes and one thumb hole together with a flaring bell, often perforated by several sound holes.
- I want tablecloths made out of woven fabric, not perforated butcher paper.
- I picked a very cool Valentine for him out of my huge Valentine's book, the kind where the cards had perforated edges and were just torn out.
- Why on earth, one of you asks, do we still have round road tax discs and waste all that paper, and effort, as we tear off the perforated bits?
- One possibility would be to look for preserved hyphae in Ediacaran fossils and in associated microbial mats, specifically hyphae with perforate cell walls.
- All multinucleate and uninucleate components of the larva are connected by perforate plugged junctions.
- The basic morphology consists of two nested, perforate cones connected by a series of septa.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Formal blade tools, that is, those that have patterned retouch and/or formal shapes, include blunt drills, end scrapers, side scrapers, gravers, perforators, denticulates, becs/spurs, and hafted knives/scrapers.
- Expended cores often exhibit evidence of retouch and possible utilization and were sometimes re-modified into specific tool forms, such as denticulates, perforators, or scrapers.
- One case study reported that incompetent perforators contribute to varicose veins and that sclerosing the perforator can essentially remove the varicose vein.
Late Middle English (as an adjective): from Latin perforat- 'pierced through', from the verb perforare, from per- 'through' + forare 'pierce'.
Palabras que riman con perforateimperforate
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: per¦for|ate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.