Definición de pericardium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural pericardia /-dɪə/)Anatomy
The membrane enclosing the heart, consisting of an outer fibrous layer and an inner double layer of serous membrane.
- Reference to the pericardium, epicardium, myocardium, endocardium and valves, chordae, ventricular thicknesses, and aorta and major vessels may be included.
- With this patient, the images of the communication between the pericardium and the thoracic duct could be more clearly identified, due to improvements in computerizing techniques.
- The pericardial stage was used to suspend the pericardium and the phrenic nerve was preserved throughout its course.
- Example sentences
- After the lung and tumor are removed, a vascular pedicle of pericardial fat is loosely sutured to the bronchial stump.
- In the present series, edema, manifested locally as tissue swelling and systemically as pulmonary edema and pleural and pericardial effusions, was a prominent feature.
- These risks include bleeding, infection, hematoma, pneumothorax, pericardial effusion, myocardial infarction, stroke, and death.
Definición de pericardium en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan