1Appearing or occurring at intervals: the periodic visits she made to her father
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Despite this, he has continued to appear regularly at our periodic family gatherings, and is considered a family member in good standing.
- Each recommended practice is reviewed and revised as appropriate at regular periodic intervals.
- At periodic intervals, the iron bars at the mouth of narrow roads, put up to prevent the entry of heavy vehicles, are knocked down by lorries, due to reckless driving.
2 Chemistry Relating to the periodic table of the elements.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The steadily increasing weights gave Mendeleyev, Meyer, and others a kind of index by which to order the elements and reveal their periodic behaviour.
- The study of oscillating reactions is the study of periodic changes in chemical reactions.
- The first rough draft of the periodic elements signaled not the end but the beginning of chemistry.
Palabras que riman con periodicaperiodic, episodic, geodic, melodic, methodic, monodic, parodic, prosodic, psalmodic, rhapsodic, Roddick, spasmodic, threnodic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: peri|od¦ic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda