Definición de peripatetic en inglés:
- I have no respect for teachers, lecturers or peripatetic drifters.
- Perhaps the royal colleges should appoint peripatetic experts who would travel around the country.
- To these votaries, he is variously the perennial storyteller, the kindly sage, the gentle teacher, the maker of auspicious symbols, and the peripatetic gardener of images.
- The school's Music Week also featured performances by peripatetic music teachers on violin, guitar, woodwind, brass and keyboard.
- One day he awoke from his reverie and cleared his throat, as if to warn me that a rare insight into the strange mind of the peripatetic music teacher was imminent.
- First on the scene was a peripatetic music teacher who had also seen the whole thing.
- Introductions (attributed to Aristophanes) to some plays of Aeschylus, Sophocles, and Euripides, based on the Didascaliae (lists of dramatic productions) of Aristotle and on Peripatetic research, are extant in an abbreviated form.
- He founded the early Peripatetic school, combining Aristotelian and Neoplatonic elements and attempting to harmonize faith and reason.
- His intention was to defend the Cartesian doctrine of material substance against the Peripatetic doctrine of substantial forms in his explication of transubstantiation.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- In spite of these cataclysms, being a peripatetic of fortune had not diminished his craving for knowledge and science.
- This powerful and consistent materialism, somewhat modified from its original form by Epicurus, persisted as the chief competitor to the teleological natural philosophies of the Peripatetics, Stoics and Platonists.
- By these three virtues we ascend to philosophize in that celestial Athens where Stoics and Peripatetics and Epicureans, by the light of eternal truth, join ranks in a single harmonious will.
- For doctrines in these areas, he turns to the Stoics and Peripatetics.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Rather, he picks up a thought and wanders off peripatetically, his sentences getting longer and longer, but never becoming incoherent, until he returns to his initial thought.
- He recalls a childhood where his two peripatetically employed parents struggled to make ends meet.
Late Middle English (denoting an Aristotelian philosopher): from Old French peripatetique, via Latin from Greek peripatētikos 'walking up and down', from the verb peripatein.
Palabras que riman con peripateticaesthetic (US esthetic), alphabetic, anaesthetic (US anesthetic), antithetic, apathetic, apologetic, arithmetic, ascetic, athletic, balletic, bathetic, cosmetic, cybernetic, diabetic, dietetic, diuretic, electromagnetic, emetic, energetic, exegetic, frenetic, genetic, Helvetic, hermetic, homiletic, kinetic, magnetic, metic, mimetic, parenthetic, pathetic, phonetic, photosynthetic, poetic, prophetic, prothetic, psychokinetic, splenetic, sympathetic, syncretic, syndetic, synthetic, telekinetic, theoretic, zetetic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.