- An apparatus consisting of a tube attached to a set of mirrors or prisms, by which an observer (typically in a submerged submarine or behind a high obstacle) can see things that are otherwise out of sight.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The commander has seven optical periscopes which provide 360° observation and a dedicated sight for weapon aiming.
- The driver is equipped with three forward periscopes plus one periscope to the left.
- Since mines don't emit sounds, produce heat, make transient sounds or poke periscopes through the surface of the water to attack their prey, minemen have to look for shapes.
Más definiciones de periscopeDefinición de periscope en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.